Featured post

PAM ROYDS 1924 - 2016

Pam Royds on Grasmere , 1971 with Sally Christie, children’s author and daughter of Philippa Pearce. I was just twenty two when I fir...

About Me

My photo
United Kingdom
My blog is about writing and illustrating children's books which I have been doing since 1974. www.gillianmcclure.com has all my books. I also have another blog: www.paulcoltman.blogspot.com where I publish my father's poems.

Monday 2 September 2013

MORE BEAUMONT SCHOOL STORIES


Here are some pages of two more stories done by year 8 Beaumont School pupils for their reception class ‘reading buddies.’
 
One of the things that I was asked to do during my workshop sessions with them was to draw on a flip chart. This is something I do badly – being used to drawing small and looking down at my drawing on a desk, not drawing large and looking up at my drawing on a flip chart. However, a bad drawing always has the desired effect – the pupils don’t feel daunted by it – they even feel they can improve on it.  And then it’s me that’s left daunted by their wonderful work!
 
 The other important thing to point out is that this wonderful project which promotes writing, illustrating and reading is the brain-child of the Beaumont School librarian – one of a rare and endangered species that needs to be preserved!

No comments:

Post a Comment