Featured post

PAM ROYDS 1924 - 2016

Pam Royds on Grasmere , 1971 with Sally Christie, children’s author and daughter of Philippa Pearce. I was just twenty two when I fir...

About Me

My photo
United Kingdom
My blog is about writing and illustrating children's books which I have been doing since 1974. www.gillianmcclure.com has all my books. I also have another blog: www.paulcoltman.blogspot.com where I publish my father's poems.

Sunday 5 June 2011

GOAT

Sketching goats can be unpredicable. While I was trying to capture these kids being bottle fed, their mother had found my handbag and was chewing up my cheque book.

Goats always bring to mind Heidi - one of my favourite books when I was a child. But the goat eating the contents of my hand bag had yellow eyes and a knowing expression. My father's poem, Goat, paints a darker picture of this animal

No comments:

Post a Comment