Featured post

PAM ROYDS 1924 - 2016

Pam Royds on Grasmere , 1971 with Sally Christie, children’s author and daughter of Philippa Pearce. I was just twenty two when I fir...

About Me

My photo
United Kingdom
My blog is about writing and illustrating children's books which I have been doing since 1974. www.gillianmcclure.com has all my books. I also have another blog: www.paulcoltman.blogspot.com where I publish my father's poems.

Wednesday 23 June 2010

BOOKSHOP AUDIENCES

Here are children at a bookshop event.  I don't just do a signing in bookshops but like to have children acting out  parts of my story with puppet characters. Here they are acting out a scene in Selkie at the Steyning Bookshop - exploring their own ideas and changing the story.


Bookshop workshops can be a bit more tricky than school workshops because, even with a specified age range, you have to be prepared for all the younger siblings coming along too. They often sit quietly on their parent's knees and listen but there's always a few who don't... 

No comments:

Post a Comment